Tuesday, February 03, 2009

On the Yellow-Brick Road


Coursework: CHECK; Comps: CHECK; Dissertation Proposal: CHECK; Grant Proposals: CHECK; Funding: CHECK! Fieldwork: Almost there. So, I'm finally on the threshold of Anthropological initiation: fieldwork. I am not quite packed, but I am ready to head out to India to start what I hope will be a year's worth of productive research. Will be starting off in the South, then heading due North in August.
I've decided to use this blog to write of my adventures as a novice anthropologist. I will name no names and will keep details of "data" out of my posting. I'd just like to use this space to talk about the little things that I might encounter in these the salad days of my anthropological career. (Lions and tigers and bears! Oh My!)

No comments: